We at Conestoga Insurance realize that having an insurance claim can be a stressful occurrence. Our goal is to remove the stress and get you back to the place you were prior to your loss as soon as possible.
Understanding how the claims process works is very important in order to determine if there is coverage and what are the steps that need to be taken to submit a claim.
There are two processes to consider when a claim occurs:
- Reporting process if your claim occurs during regular business hours
- Reporting process if your claim occurs after regular business hours
Claims Occurring During Regular Business Hours
If your claim occurs during regular business hours, please contact our office to speak with a licensed insurance broker. Our expert staff will walk you through your policy to determine your coverage and submit the claim to the insurance company on your behalf.
When the claim is submitted to the insurance company, all our insurance partners endeavour to contact you the same business day to start the claims process. The adjuster working on behalf of the insurance company will advise what steps need to be taken to get you back to the position you were in prior to the loss.
At any point in time during the claims process, if you have questions you can contact our office or the insurance company.
Claims Occurring After Regular Business Hours
We at Conestoga Insurance realize that the majority of claims do not happen during regular business hours but that does not mean that you need to wait until regular business hours to speak with a claims advisor. If it’s not an emergency claim, you can wait until the next business day to report the claim by contacting our office.
If you have an emergency claim that occurs outside of regular business hours, please follow the procedures below:
- Identify the insurance company listed on your policy, along with your policy number.
- Click here for the after hours claims numbers and website links for our entire list of insurance carriers.
- Call the after hours claim number for your insurance carrier.
- You will be connected with an after hours claims advisor, who will take your pertinent information and advise the next steps in the claims process.
- During the next business day, a claims adjuster will be assigned to your claim. This adjuster will contact you during that business day to take over the claim from the after hours claims advisor.
- A Conestoga staff member will endeavour contact you to ensure that claims process is being followed and will answer any questions you may have about the claims procedure.